Did you know that a game of rummy enhances your IQ so much that playing rummy is almost like working your mind out on a mental treadmill? If today, as a grownup, you regret never joining Abacus classes in your young days, you can simply start playing rummy. A rummy game is purely a fun activity which would refresh your mind magically and exercise your mental aptitudes like never before! Moreover, rummy offers you exciting money-making chances.
Most of us have played card games in our childhood. Rummy being quite popular and common, many of us played various forms of it with our childhood playmates. Moreover, rummy is a traditional game of cards that is played by the North Indians during the Diwali week, as it is supposed to be an auspicious custom that would bless the players with year-long prosperity. However, it is strange but true that not many of us know that rummy has a wonderful ability of augmenting our brain power.
Basics of Playing Rummy Cards:
- The rummy rules are easy to comprehend. It is a thrilling card-melding game that drills and grills the player’s mind as well as memory, thus polishing and sharpening the grey cells.
- An online rummy session is most definitely a mind-booster as it offers the players very less time to strategize and make the moves.
The objective of a Rummy Patti game is to make at least one pure sequence and other pure or impure sequences and / or sets before the opponent players declare their game.
If you declare your 13 card rummy game with excellence, your sequences and sets might look like:
- 2 of Hearts, 3 of Hearts, 4 of Hearts
- 8 of Clubs, 9 of Clubs, Wild Joker, Jack of Clubs
- Queen of Hearts, Queen of Clubs, Queen of Diamonds
- 7 of Hearts, 7 of Spades, Printed Joker
How Does Playing Card Games like Rummy boost your Mind?
In order to win a game of rummy cards, you need to multitask mentally and thus thoroughly exercise your mind:
- You must sort the cards in your hand quickly so that you can plan the combinations that you will be aiming to form.
- Keenly observe your opponents to note the cards they drop and pick.
- Make instant mental calculations about the cards your opponents might be holding and the cards present inside the closed deck.
- Try to deduce the cards your opponents are wishing to have and try not to discard those cards.
- Make your strategies wisely in accordance with changing scenarios so that you are able to turn the game in your favor and proceed. The challenge lies in doing all these in just a few seconds.
- You will turn out to be a good real cash rummy player, if you can intelligently implement the concepts of probability, permutations, and combinations. Sequences and sets are practical examples of permutation and combination that a rummy player makes by applying the theories of probability.
- Your objective should be that of finishing the game in the lowest number of turns possible.
Irrespective of whether you play rummy online or offline, it would exercise your brain as you would need to store every bit of information in your mind, use them, or swap them with the new info you gather with every dropped and picked card.